No. 318 Squadron Picture Gallery. Part 4.
"Detling"

 
The squadron's first muster in Detling. At that point the unit did not have its full complement of pilots.


First from right is the first CO of the 318 "Gdanski" Squadron, S/Ldr Wojtyga.
 Next to him sitting are: F/O Kalinowski and F/Lt Wisniowski (djutant). In a back row, from right: F/O Turek, F/O
 Krzywonos (signals officer) and P/O Kraszewski (doctor).


One of the unit's first aircraft.



Theirs Hurricanes.


4 August 1943.
With the new CO leading (S/Ldr Wielochowski), the unit's pilots parade in front of visiting brass. 


4 August 1943. Gen. Ujejski decorating F/O Gorniak and Sgt Bres.


4 August 1943. Pilots: Sewer Buckiewicz (left), Jan Preihs and Bronislaw Gaworski.


4 August 1943. Gen. Ujejski addressing the unit's personnel.


July 1943.
S/Ldr Walls, Gadomski, Czernecki, F/Lt Gordon, station duty officer, ?, Krzywonos, Uchwat, Stutzman,?.
 


Left: Part of the radio section. Right: Its location.


All members of the radio section.

  
  
Left: Ah, what a life! Hamankiewicz (later killed in action) and Uchwat basking in spring sun.
Right: Typically furnished station's officer room.

 
Left: Uchwat (left), Hamankiewicz, ?. Right: In front of the dispersal. Sitting in a chair is the "B" Flight Commander
F/Lt Blaszczyk, later KIA.


                                                                                                                                                                      18